Webelos Scouts that earn the Weather Belt
Loop while a Webelos Scout
also satisfy requirement 13 for the
Scientist Activity Badge.
Complete these three requirements:
- Make a poster that shows and explains the water cycle.
- Set up a simple weather station to record rainfall, temperature, air
pressure, or evaporation for one week.
- Watch the weather forecast on a local television station.
Weather belt loop,
five of the following
- Define the following terms: weather, humidity, precipitation,
temperature, and wind.
- Explain how clouds are made. Describe the different kinds of clouds -
stratus, cumulus, cumulonimbus, and cirrus - and what
kind of weather can be associated with these cloud types.
- Describe the climate in your state. Compare its climate with that in
- Describe a potentially dangerous weather condition in your community.
Discuss safety precautions and procedures for dealing with this condition.
- Define what is meant by acid rain. Explain the greenhouse
- Talk to a meteorologist about his or her job. Learn about careers in
- Make a weather map of your state or country, using several weather
- Explain the differences between tornadoes and hurricanes.
- Make a simple weather vane. Make a list of other weather instruments
and describe what they do.
- Explain how weather can affect agriculture and the growing of food.
- Make a report to your den or family on a book about weather.
- Explain how rainbows are formed and then draw and color a rainbow.
top of page