subject was added in November 2009.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain why it is important to have a rating system for video games.
Check your video games to be sure they are right for your age.
- With an adult, create a schedule for you to do things that includes your
chores, homework, and video gaming. Do your best to follow this schedule.
- Learn to play a new video game that is approved by your parent,
guardian, or teacher.
Earn the Video Games belt
loop, and complete five of
the following requirements:
- With your parents, create a plan to buy a video game that is right for
your age group.
- Compare two game systems (for example, Microsoft Xbox, Sony
PlayStation, Nintendo Wii, and so on). Explain some of the differences
between the two. List good reasons to purchase or use a game system.
- Play a video game with family members in a family tournament.
- Teach an adult or a friend how to play a video game.
- List at least five tips that would help someone who was learning how
to play your favorite video game.
- Play an appropriate video game with a friend for one hour.
- Play a video game that will help you practice your math, spelling, or
another skill that helps you in your schoolwork.
- Choose a game you might like to purchase. Compare the price for this
game at three different stores. Decide which store has the best deal. In
your decision, be sure to consider things like the store return policy and
- With an adult’s supervision, install a gaming system.
top of page