Webelos Scouts that earn the Ultimate Belt Loop while a Webelos
also satisfy part of requirement 4 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of ultimate or disc golf to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing ultimate or disc golf skills.
- Participate in a game of ultimate or disc golf.
Earn the Ultimate belt loop, and
complete five of the
- Compete in a pack or community ultimate or disc golf tournament.
- Demonstrate effective pivoting while throwing. Use some of the following
throwing styles: backhand pass, sidearm pass, and upside-down pass, and/or
- Demonstrate skill in the following catching techniques: one-handed, clapping,
- Spend a total of 90 minutes practicing skills of ultimate or disc golf. Keep
track of your time on a chart.
- Explain the flight dynamics of the flying disc. Draw a diagram if needed.
- Accurately lay out an ultimate playing field or diagram three typical disc
- Play five games of ultimate or disc golf.
- Participate in an ultimate skills or disc golf skilled development clinic.
- Explain the history of ultimate or disc golf and how it became a sport.
- Explain the differences between ultimate and golf discs.
top of page