Webelos Scouts that earn the Table Tennis Belt Loop while a
also satisfy part of requirement 3 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of table tennis to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing table tennis skills.
- Participate in a table tennis game.
Earn the Table Tennis belt loop, and complete five of the following
- Compete in a pack or community table tennis tournament.
- Demonstrate your knowledge, use, and care of the equipment needed to play
table tennis (racket or paddle, table and net, ball, tennis or basketball shoes,
and comfortable clothing).
- Practice 30 minutes developing serving skills.
- Practice 30 minutes developing your forehand and backhand strokes.
- Explain to your leader or adult partner how spin affects the bounce of the
- Accurately set up a table tennis table and net according to USA Table Tennis
- Play five games of table tennis.
- Participate in a table tennis skills development clinic.
- Explain to your leader or adult partner how to score a table tennis game.
- Participate in a game of doubles table tennis (four people playing in one
game, two people per side).
top of page