This sport was added in
Complete these three requirements:
- Demonstrate to an adult the general rules for safe skateboarding by
showing that you know how to wear the proper safety gear.
- Carefully demonstrate how to fall to help minimize injuries.
- Practice skateboarding for 30 minutes. This practice may be done in
loop, and complete
five of the following
- Figure out your skateboard stance—whether you are regular or goofy
- Demonstrate proper stance, feet positions, knee bending, pushing off,
turning, and stopping on flat ground.
- Using pictures, explain to your den or family the difference between
street, skate park, and vertical skateboarding.
- List five ways skateboarders should be considerate and respectful of
other people and their property when they are skateboarding.
- View a skateboarding video.
- Attend a pro skateboarder demonstration.
- Show that you know how to lubricate the bearings and keep your
- Apply grip tape to your skateboard.
- Skateboard at a skate park for 30 minutes.
- Demonstrate three of the following maneuvers: ollie, nollie, frontside,
grab, kickturn, carving.
- Describe how to determine a safe area to skateboard.
top of page