Webelos Scouts that earn the Science Belt
Loop while a Webelos Scout
also satisfy requirement 4 for the
Scientist Activity Badge.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the scientific method to your adult partner.
- Use the scientific method in a simple science project Explain the
results to an adult.
- Visit a museum, a laboratory, an observatory, a zoo, an aquarium, or
other facility that employs scientists. Talk to a scientist about his or her
Science belt loop,
five of the following
- Make a simple electric motor that works.
- Find a stream or other area that shows signs of erosion. Try to
discover the cause of the erosion.
- Plant seeds. Grow a flower, garden vegetable, or other plant.
- Use these simple machines to accomplish tasks: lever, pulley,
wheel-and-axle, wedge, inclined plane, and screw.
- Learn about solids, liquids, and gases using just water. Freeze water
until it turns into ice. Then, with an adult, heat the ice until it turns
back into a liquid and eventually boils and becomes a gas.
- Build models of two atoms and two molecules, using plastic foam balls
or other objects.
- Make a collection of igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary rocks and
- Learn about a creature that lives in the ocean. Share what you have
learned with your den or family.
- Label a drawing or diagram of the bones of the human skeleton.
- Make a model or poster of the solar system. Label the planets and the
- Do a scientific experiment in front of an audience. Explain your
Read a book about a science subject that interests you.
top of page