Webelos Scouts that earn the Roller Skating Belt Loop while a
also satisfy part of requirement 3 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain ways to protect yourself while roller skating or inline skating, and
the need for proper safety equipment.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing the skills of roller skating or inline
- Go skating with a family member or den for at least three hours. Chart your
Earn the Roller Skating belt loop, and complete five of the following
- Participate in a pack or community skating event.
- Demonstrate how to disassemble and reassemble skates.
- Explain the proper clothing for roller or inline skating.
- Spend at least 30 minutes, on two occasions, practicing warm up exercises
- Play a game of roller hockey,
- Learn two new roller skating skills: Forward Scissors, Forward Stroking,
Crossover, or Squat Skate.
- Participate in a roller or inline skating skill development clinic.
- Demonstrate how to stop quickly and safely.
- Demonstrate how to skate backwards. Skate backwards for five feet.
- Play a game on roller skates, roller blades, or inline skates.
top of page