Webelos Scouts that earn the Physical Fitness Belt Loop while a
also satisfy requirement 10 for the Athlete Activity Badge
and part of
requirement 3 for the Sportsman Activity
Complete these three requirements:
- Give a short report to your den or family on the dangers of drugs and
- Practice finding your pulse and counting your heartbeats per minute.
Determine your target heart rate.
- Practice five physical fitness skills regularly. Improve performance in each
skill over a month. Skills could include pull-ups, curl-ups, the standing long
jump, the 50-yard dash, and the softball throw.
Earn the Physical Fitness belt loop, and complete five of the following
- Make a diagram of the Food Guide Pyramid. List foods you ate in a week and
show where they fit in the pyramid.
- Choose a form of exercise, bring your heart rate up to target, and keep it
there for 15 minutes. Don't forget to warm up and cool down.
- Set up a four-step exercise program. Chart your progress for five days a
week for two weeks.
- Explain the reason for warming up and cooling down before and after each
- Visit a local gym and talk to a trainer about exercises and programs for
- Participate in some aerobic exercises at least three times a week for four
- Build an obstacle course that could include some exercises with jumping,
crawling, and hurdles. Time yourself three times to see whether you can improve
- Swim for a total of an hour, charting your time as you go.
- Participate for at least three months in an organized team sport or
organized athletic activity.
top of page