subject was added in November 2009.
Complete these three requirements:
- Care for your pet for two weeks. Make a list of the tasks that you did
to take care of your pet.
- Read a book, explore the Internet (with your parentís or adult partnerís
permission), or acquire a pamphlet about your pet. List three new
interesting facts that you learned about your pet.
- Make a poster about your pet. Share your poster with your den, pack, or
Earn the Pet Care belt
loop, and complete five of
the following requirements:
- With an adult, develop a plan for someone to care for your pet if you
were to be away for one week.
- Train your pet to do a trick or follow a simple command.
- Describe how your pet communicates with you and other animals.
- Observe or play with your pet for 15 minutes each day for one week.
Keep a chart that shows your petís mood on each day.
- Attend a pet show. Report to your den about the show.
- Make a drawing of the cage or bed your pet requires. Describe the
important parts of it.
- Visit an animal shelter. Explain the reasons why pets are in the
animal shelter to your den or family.
- Visit a pet store. Make a list of the different animals in the store
and the kinds of foods they eat.
- Talk to a veterinarian about his or her career. Share what you learned
with your den or family.
- Tell three ways that animals can help people.
- Do a service project for an animal shelter, exercise an elderly
personís pet, or help a friend with the care of his or her pet.
- Find out about the pets of U.S. presidents while they lived at the
White House. Tell your den about one president and his pet(s).
top of page