Webelos Scouts that earn the Music Belt
Loop while a Webelos Scout
also satisfy requirement 15 for the
Showman Activity Badge.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain why music is an important part of our culture.
- Pick a song with at least two verses and learn it by heart.
- Listen to four different types of music either recorded or live.
Music belt loop, and
five of the following
- Make a musical instrument and play it for your family, den, or pack.
- Teach your den a song.
- Play a song by yourself or in a group, in unison or in harmony.
- Create an original melody and/or original words for a song.
- Using a tape recorder, capture natural sounds of the environment or
record songs you create, and use your recording as a soundtrack for a
short skit or as background for a movement activity.
- Attend a live musical performance or concert.
- Demonstrate conducting patterns for two songs using two different
meters (two-, three-, or four- beat meter) while your adult partner or den
members sing or play the songs you have selected.
- Take voice or dance lessons or lessons to learn to play an instrument.
- Create movements to a piece of music without words to demonstrate the
moods of the music: happy, sad, calm, excited, playful, inspired.
- Learn about a composer of some music that you enjoy.
top of page