Webelos Scouts that earn the Language and
Culture Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout
also satisfy requirement 6 for the
Scholar Activity Badge.
Complete these three requirements:
- Talk with someone who grew up in a different country than you did. Find
out what it was like and how it is different from your experience.
- Learn 10 words that are in a different language than your own.
- Play two games that originated in another country or culture.
Language and Culture
belt loop, and complete
seven of the following
- Earn the BSA Interpreter Strip.
- Write the numbers 1-10 in Chinese or another number system other than
the one we normally use (we use the Arabic system).
- Visit an embassy, consulate, or charge d'affairs for another country.
- Make a display of stamps or postcards of another country. Explain the
importance or symbolism of the things depicted to that country's culture.
- Learn 30 words in a language other than your own.
- Learn a song in another country's language.
- Say five words in American Sign Language. One of these words could be
your first name.
- Visit a restaurant that specializes in recipes from another country.
- Watch a TV show or movie in a foreign language. Tell how easy or
difficult it was to understand what was happening.
- Interview an interpreter. Find out what his or her job is like.
- Make a list of 30 things around your home that were made in another
- Read a book or story about an immigrant to the United States.