Webelos Scouts that earn the Ice Skating Belt Loop while a
also satisfy part of requirement 3 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain ways to protect yourself while ice skating, and the need for proper
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing the skills of skating.
- Go ice skating with a family member or den for at least three hours. Chart
Earn the Ice Skating belt loop, and complete five of the following
- Participate in a pack or community skating event.
- Demonstrate how to sharpen your skates correctly.
- Demonstrate how to lace, assemble, and dissemble your skates correctly.
- On two occasions, spend at least 30 minutes practicing warm-up exercises
- Play a skating game on the ice.
- Learn two new figure-skating skills: Forward Swizzles, Glides, Backward
Swizzles, and Backward Wiggle.
- Demonstrate how to "start" in a speed skating race.
- Explain the difference between long-track and short-track speed skating.
- Participate in a skating skill development clinic.
- Tell about an Olympian athlete in figure skating or speed skating. What were
some of his or her best traits?
- Play a game of ice hockey.
- Participate in a hockey skill dvelopment clinic.
top of page