Webelos Scouts that earn the Heritages Belt
Loop while a Webelos Scout
also satisfy requirement 12 for the
Member Activity Badge.
Complete these three requirements:
- Talk with members of your family about your family heritage: its
history, traditions, and culture.
- Make a poster that shows the origins of your ancestors. Share it with
your den or other group.
- Draw a family tree showing members of your family for three generations.
Heritages belt loop,
five of the following
- Participate in a pack heritage celebration in which Cub Scouts give
presentations about their family heritage.
- Attend a family reunion.
- Correspond with a pen pal from another country. Find out how his or
her heritage is different from yours.
- Learn 20 words in a language other than your native language.
- Interview a grandparent or other family elder about what it was like
when he or she was growing up.
- Work with a parent or adult partner to organize family photographs in
a photo album.
- Visit a genealogy library and talk with the librarian about how to
trace family records. Variation: Access a genealogy Web site and
learn how to use it to find out information about ancestors.
- Make an article of clothing, a toy, or a tool that your ancestors
used. Show it to your den.
- Help your parent or adult partner prepare one of your family's
traditional food dishes.
- Learn about the origin of your first, middle, or last name.
top of page