Webelos Scouts that earn the Gymnastics Belt Loop while a
also satisfy part of requirement 3 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the six events of men's gymnastics: floor exercise, pommel horse,
still rings, vaulting / side horse, parallel bars, and horizontal bar.
- Participate in three of the six events using the proper equipment.
- Explain the safety rules you should follow to learn gymnastics
Earn the Gymnastics belt loop, and
complete five of the
- Write a report on the history of gymnastics.
- Take gymnastics lessons.
- Attend a gymnastics meet.
- Practice and demonstrate five floor exercise skills.
- Practice and demonstrate two skills used on the pommel horse.
- Demonstrate two skills on the still rings.
- Demonstrate two skills using parallel bars.
- Demonstrate two skills using the horizontal bar.
- Demonstrate a vault using the side horse.
- Develop a regular routine of physical and mental conditioning.
- Learn about three U.S. gymnasts who have won medals in the Olympics.
top of page