subject was added in November 2009.
Complete these three requirements:
- Make a poster that lists five good manners that you want to practice.
Share your poster with your den or family.
- Introduce two people correctly and politely. Be sure that one of them is
- Write a thank-you note to someone who has given you something or done
something nice for you.
Earn the Good Manners belt
loop, and complete five of
the following requirements:
- Meet one new person, shake hands properly, and introduce yourself.
Extend your hand, grip the person’s hand firmly, and gently shake hands.
- Talk with your family about polite language. Include “please,” “you’re
welcome,” “excuse me,” “yes, sir,” “no, ma’am,” and so on in your talk.
- Explain to your den or family how good manners can help you now and as
you get older. Copy the actions of someone you know who has good manners.
- Go over table manners with your family. Eat a meal together where the
table is set correctly and everyone uses good table manners.
- With an adult, discuss what foods are proper to eat with your fingers.
Practice eating some of these foods the right way.
- In your den or with your family, practice using good phone manners.
- Explain how treating things that belong to other people with respect
is a part of having good manners. Show three examples of how you can show
respect for others.
- Talk with your friends or family members about following the rules and
having good sportsmanship when playing games. Then play a game with your
friends or family members. After playing the game, tell how you showed
top of page