Webelos Scouts that earn the Golf Belt Loop while a Webelos
also satisfy part of requirement 3 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of golf to your leader or adult partner. Explain the need
for caution concerning golf clubs and golf balls.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing golfing skills.
- Participate in a round of golf (nine holes).
Earn the Golf
belt loop, and complete five of the following
- Explain the use of woods and irons. Explain their differences.
- Explain how par is determined for a hole.
- Demonstrate the proper grip of the club to your leader, adult partner, or
- Spend 30 minutes practicing the swing styles: full swing, approach swing,
and putting swing.
- Spend 30 minutes practicing aim, stance, and the address position.
- Draw a diagram of a typical golf hole, from tee to green.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the use and care of golf equipment: clubs,
ball, tee, bag, shoes, and gloves.
- Describe the composition of a regulation golf ball.
- Take golf lessons.
- Spend 30 minutes hitting balls on a driving range.
- Play miniature golf.
top of page