Webelos Scouts that earn the Computers Belt
Loop while a Webelos Scout
also satisfy requirement 14 for the
Communicator Activity Badge.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain these parts of a personal computer: central processing unit
(CPU), monitor, keyboard, mouse, modem, and printer.
- Demonstrate how to start up and shut down a personal computer properly.
- Use your computer to prepare and print a document.
Computers belt loop,
five of the following
- Use a computer to prepare a report on a subject of interest to you.
Share it with your den.
- Make a list of 10 devices that can be found in the home that use a
computer chip to function.
- Use a computer to maintain a balance sheet of your earnings or
allowance for four weeks.
- Use a spreadsheet program to organize some information.
- Use an illustration, drawing, or painting program to create a picture.
- Use a computer to prepare a thank-you letter to someone.
- Log on to the Internet. Visit the Boy Scouts of America homepage
- Discuss personal safety rules you should pay attention to while using
- Practice a new computer game for two weeks. Demonstrate an improvement
in your scores.
- Correspond with a friend via e-mail. Have at least five e-mail replies
from your friend.
- Visit a local business or government agency that uses a mainframe
computer to handle its business. Explain how computers save the company
time and money in carrying out its work.
top of page