Webelos Scouts that earn the Bowling Belt Loop while a Webelos
also satisfy part of requirement 3 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain to your leader or adult partner the rules of courtesy and safety for
- Show how to pick out a ball of proper weight and with finger holes that fit
- Play a complete game with your family or den.
Earn the Bowling belt loop, and
complete five of the
- Give a brief history of the sport of bowling.
- Define the following terms: strike, spare, split, miss, and foul. Show their
symbols for scoring.
- Demonstrate proper stance, delivery, balance, and follow-through to your
leader or adult partner.
- Try different types of delivery and hand positions and see which work best
- Score a complete game using a score sheet and the proper symbols.
- Play at least four games and chart your progress. Figure out your average
- Compete in a Scout, family, school, or community bowling tournament.
- Take bowling lessons.
- Attend a parent, high school, college, or professional bowling competition.
- Visit a bowling alley and learn about the care and maintenance of the
bowling lanes, pins, and racks.
top of page