Webelos Scouts that earn the Basketball Belt Loop while a
also satisfy part of requirement 4 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of basketball to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing basketball skills.
- Participate in a basketball game.
Earn the Basketball belt loop, and
complete five of the
- Compete in a pack or community basketball tournament.
- Demonstrate effective passing using the chest pass, bounce pass,
over-the-head pass, and baseball pass.
- Successfully demonstrate the set shot and jump shot shooting styles.
- Demonstrate skill in the following dribbling techniques: high dribble, low
dribble, turnable dribble, change-of-pace dribble, and combination dribble.
- Spend at least 30 minutes on three different occasions developing individual
- Explain and demonstrate 10 official basketball signals.
- Play three -shot-improving games with a member of your den or team.
- Play five games of basketball.
- Participate in a basketball clinic.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional basketball game.