Webelos Scouts that earn the Badminton Belt Loop while a
also satisfy part of requirement 3 for the
Sportsman Activity Badge.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of badminton to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing badminton skills.
- Participate in a badminton game.
Badminton belt loop,
five of the following
- Compete in a pack or community badminton tournament.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the use and care of the equipment needed
to play badminton: shuttlecock (shuttle or bird), racket, court, net, and
comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Demonstrate skill in the following grip techniques: forehand and
- Spend at least 60 minutes practicing to develop skills for shots and
strokes (clear, drive, drop, and smash). Keep track of
your time on a chart.
- Demonstrate skill in the following: hit the shuttle using forehand or
backhand; hit the shuttle, alternating forehand and backhand; hit the
shuttle against the wall with a forehand or backhand; hit the shuttle
against the wall, alternating forehand and backhand.
- Accurately lay out a badminton court, including net and lines.
- Play five games of badminton.
- Participate in a badminton skills development clinic.
- Play at least three games during which you make your own foul calls
effectively to your leader's satisfaction.
top of page