Webelos Scouts that earn the Art Belt Loop
while a Webelos Scout
also satisfy requirement 11 for the
Complete these three requirements:
- Make a list of common materials used to create visual art compositions.
- Demonstrate how six of the following elements of design are used in a
drawing: lines, circles, dots, shapes, colors, patterns, textures, space,
balance, or perspective.
- Identify the three primary colors and the three secondary colors that can
be made by mixing them. Show how this is done using paints or markers. Use the
primary and secondary colors to create a painting
Art belt loop, and
six of the following
- Visit an art museum, gallery, or exhibit. Discuss with an adult the art
- Create two self-portraits using two different art techniques, such as
drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, or computer illustration.
- Demonstrate how to make paper. Make a sample at least 4 inches by 4
- Make a simple silkscreen or stencil. Print a card or T-shirt.
- Create a freestanding sculpture or mobile using wood, metal, soap,
papier-m�ch�, or found objects.
- Create an object using clay that can be fired, baked in the oven, or
hardened in water.
- Photograph four subjects in one theme, such as landscapes, people,
animals, sports, or buildings.
- Make a collage using several different materials.
- Use your artistic skills to create a postage stamp, book cover, or music
- Use a computer illustration or painting program to create a work of art.
- Display your artwork in a pack, school, or community art show.
top of page